Thursday 30 July 2009

Death-Wish Hoaxer's 'Suicide By Cop' Bid


A suicidal graduate made 33 hoax 999 calls to police, claiming he was knifing a victim, in the vain hope armed marksmen would rush to the scene and shoot him dead.

Business Administrator Peter Adeyemo,25, of Bedwell House, Stockwell Park Road, Stockwell, pleaded guilty to making communications likely to cause annoyance, inconvenience or distress between June 17 and July 15.

City of London Magistrates Court heard after a series of similar emergency calls claiming a knifeman was in the act of stabbing a victim and needed to be shot police caught Adeyemo in Finsbury Circus making another call.

He told officers: "I want to kill myself. Why don't they shoot me in the chest. I wish the police would shoot me in the head."

Adeyemo, who has obsessive compulsive disorder and anxiety was bailed unconditionally to return for sentencing on August 14. 


No comments: