Wednesday 2 October 2013

N-Dubz Star 'Fazer' Banned For Speeding


N-Dubz star 'Fazer' was banned from driving for fourteen days today after his fourth speeding offence.

'Fazer' - real name Richard Rawson, 26, was caught by two police sergeants from the Met's Diplomatic Protection Group driving his Audi Q7 at 45mph along Warwick Road, Earl's Court at 11.40pm on January 7.

His claim off always driving on cruise control at no more than 30mph to avoid speed cameras and to improve his fuel consumption  was rejected at City of London Magistrates' Court.

Rawson, of Richmond Drive, Woodford Green, Essex was also fined £750, with £500 costs and ordered to pay a £75 victim surcharge within twenty-eight days.

The award-winning rapper, DJ, producer and songwriter and ex-boyfriend of Tulisa Contostavlos told the court he was going to Tesco's to buy batteries.

"It was just a casual drive to the shops and I was aware the police were behind me. They did come up behind me quite quick.

"I made sure I was not doing anything wrong because I was being followed by the police," explained Rawson, insisting his 30mph cruise control was on.

"I was doing it to be one hundred per cent safe in London. I do it every day.

"I had some points on my licence and did not want to lose it because I had a baby on the way."

Glamour model girlfriend Ashley Emma gave birth to daughter Ava Rose in March.

"I think it really helps with fuel consumption as well," added Rawson.

"I have regularly been stopped by the police while driving the vehicle and was even stopped coming here today in Mile End."

Police Sergeant Colin Marsh told the court: "The Audi accelerated hard into Warwick Road. It was driving at speed.

"We 'catched and matched' the Audi and the speedometer was reading approximately forty-five miles per hour. We were travelling at exactly the same speed that vehicle was travelling at."

The speed limit in Warwick Road is 30mph.

Police Sergeant Stephen Farmer, who was driving, agreed he matched Rawson's car at 45mph.

"It was clearly travelling at speed and as it turned into Warwick Road it appeared to me the driver accelerated hard."

The court heard Rawson, who has previously been banned for eight months, currently has nine penalty points on his licence.

No comments: