Tuesday 4 March 2014

Bolton Wanderers Fan From West Country Caught Throwing Coins At Championship Match


A Swindon man, who says he acted out of “frustration” when twice throwing a coin at a Championship football match was fined today.
Adam Corcoran, 22, of Cranborne Chase is a Bolton Wanderers supporter and was caught on CCTV at his team's away fixture with Millwall FC, which ended in a 1-1 draw.
He pleaded guilty at Bromley Magistrates' Court to throwing a missile at The New Den stadium on February 15 and was fined £255, with £85 costs and was ordered to pay a £26 victim surcharge.
Prosecutor Miss Lee Verna told the court: “Staff on the CCTV noticed the defendant throwing small objects he obtained from his pocket towards the pitch and was observed doing this a second time.”
Corcoran was removed and taken to the reception area where he confessed: “I did throw the coins, but not at anyone. It was just out of frustration.”
Miss Verna added: “He made a full admission to throwing coins twice onto the pitch and said he was sorry for his actions.”
Corcoran told the magistrates: “I'm sorry for what I did, I held my hands up straight away.
“I did not aim at anyone, it was just out of frustration.
“I was passionate about the team I support, Bolton, I'm sorry.
“I know it was stupid, but I was not aiming at anyone or intending to hurt anyone.”
The bench chairwoman told him: “Throwing coins is very dangerous and you know if you had hit someone you may be facing a different charge.”

No comments: