Wednesday 28 January 2015

Norwich City Striker Caught Speeding

Norwich City striker Lewis Grabban was fined and hit with six penalty points today after he was caught speeding at nearly twice the limit.

The 27 year-old former Bournemouth and Rotherham star, of Ridley Road, Warlingham, Surrey has hit seven goals this season for the Championship club.

He did not attend Lavender Hill Magistrates Court, but admitted by letter driving his grey Nissan at 53mph in a 30mph zone at 6.43pm in Edgware Road, Cricklewood on August 13, last year.

Grabban, who had a clean licence, wrote: "I only wish to say I am sorry for the offence. I came from the motorway and was rejoining the A5 and accelerated because it looked like a dual carriageway.

"It was a thirty mph limit, which I missed. I need to be able to drive to and from work, which is in Norwich."


He was fined £1,000, with £85 costs and was ordered to pay a £100 victim surcharge.

No comments: