Saturday, 22 July 2017

NOT GUILTY: Policewoman's Internet Date Cleared Of Molesting Her

An internet dater, accused of molesting a policewoman the first time they met, has been cleared after suggesting she pursued the case to save her career.

Freight manager Emanuele Schivo, 33, insists the Met PC thrust her hand between his legs and consented to him groping her up against a tree in a public park after their coffee date.

“That’s b*******,” she told the Kingston-upon-Thames Crown Court jury. “That is an outright lie, absolute rubbish.”

Swiss-Italian Schivo, of Castle Street, Kingston-upon-Thames was found not guilty of one count of sexually assaulting the 40 year-old officer in nearby Canbury Gardens on November 1, last year.

His lawyer Edward Fenner asked her why she pressed charges after initial reluctance. “Did you fear that touching intimately in public may result in you losing your job?”

Shiva told police when questioned:  “We started kissing and rubbing our bodies and she put her hands around me.

“Everything became a bit more passionate and I started rubbing her breasts. 

“She also put her hand on my intimate part and I joked with her: ‘Hey, this isn’t fair’ because she would not let me touch her intimately.”

In court the officer admitted hesitating to make a statement. “I did not want to report it at the time, it was a very embarrassing situation.

“The stigma attached to the nature of what I would be reporting. You almost become further victimised.”

Earlier she told the court she met Schivo on dating site ‘PlentyOfFish’ on which he boasted of a high sex-drive and sent her pictures of himself stripped to the waist.

“He had quite a nice body, he obviously works out,” added the officer, who enjoyed meeting him. “We seemed to get on really well.

“I thought: ‘This is a nice date, a nice guy.’ He was quite funny and well dressed, saying he’d think nothing of spending three thousand pounds on decent stuff.”

She agreed to Schivo’s suggestion of a Thameside stroll and was happy to kiss. “It was a very passionate kiss, very full on.

“He pushed me up against a tree, he was not violent to me, but passionate and I kissed him back.

“He put his hand up my shirt, which I was not overly comfortable with, but I did consent to that.

“It told them there were people here, that it was a public place, but he was not bothered by that at all.

“He touched my breasts and had my shirt lifted up and I kept trying to pull it down.

“He was really grasping at me and getting angry, saying: ‘You’re so boring, you’re behaving like a teenager.’

“I tried to push him away. He wouldn’t take no for an answer and said: ‘You saying no just makes me want to do it more.’

“Even though I did not like him touching my breasts I was not forceful enough in stopping him.”

The officer told the jury Schivo then forced his hand between her legs.

“It was like he was turned on by it and he was trying to go inside my underwear.”

She insisted her police training was useless in trying to fight Schivo off, admitting she suggested going for a meal during the assault.

Afterwards she texted a friend: “I let a man sexually assault me, but I think I’ll be okay. I had a lucky escape.”

Two weeks later she made a video-recorded statement, which resulted in Schivo’s dawn arrest at his home.

When quizzed by police he said: “She seemed very, very interested and keen on meeting me. We go on very well, everything was chill and we had a laugh.

“It’s a dating-site for fun, not for meeting the person of your life,” he added.

“She seemed very insecure, suspicious, weak in a way. I knew she was a police officer and didn’t want to get in any trouble.”

They resumed kissing in another dark corner and Schivo says he ended things when the officer refused to be touched between the legs.

“I told her it was okay, it’s fine, you can go if you don’t want to do that.”

No comments: