Monday, 31 March 2025

Consultant Dentist Secretly Recorded Nurses Changing Room

The career of a consultant dentist is in tatters after he was caught secretly recording nurses at his hospital stripping to their underwear in their private changing room, a court heard.

Dr Amre Maglad, 51, a highly-qualified specialist in restorative dentistry, endodontics and prosthodontics deliberately placed his rucksack and iPhone in the corner of the room at Queen Mary’s Hospital, Sidcup.


The nurses were horrified to discover the phone was recording them and two months later two of them have not returned to the hospital and all three feel “degraded and violated.”


Sudan-born Dr Maglad, of Broadfield Meadows, Kenton Bank Foot, Newcastle-upon-Tyne pleaded guilty to four counts of observing a person doing a private act for the purpose of obtaining sexual gratification on January 28 and 29.


Four female nurses were recorded - one in her underwear is still unidentified - and the remaining three all attended the sentencing hearing at Bromley Magistrates’ Court on Friday.


Dr Maglad, who spent two nights in custody after his arrest on the day his secret recording was discovered, remained doubled-over in the dock - out of sight of the three nurses - throughout the ninety-minute hearing.


He is a Master of Clinical Dentistry and a member of Edinburgh’s Royal College of Surgeons and Glasgow’s Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons and has worked in hospitals and clinics all over the UK.


Prosecutor Jessica Kang told court: “Three nurses were in the female changing room and one of them noticed a rucksack in the corner and in the mesh pocket was an iPhone.


“The phone was pointing towards the female changing area and the nurse realised she had seen the same rucksack placed in the same position a few weeks earlier.


“She looked closer and saw that the phone was recording and informed her manager that day.”


The rucksack was identified as belonging to Dr Maglad and he was arrested the same day on January 29.


“Police saw that all three nurse victims had been recorded on the phone, plus a recording of a fourth unidentified nurse in her underwear.”


The consultant dentist initially tried to talk his way out of trouble.


“He suggested there was a hole in his rucksack and the whole incident was a mistake. He refused to provide his PIN to officers so they could unlock the phone.


“He said he would have deleted any recordings without looking at them,” added Ms Kang.


The first victim stepped into the witness box directly opposite shame-faced Dr Maglad and told the magistrates: “I have lost faith in the men around me and feel unsafe.”


She told the court she has been negatively effected “emotionally and psychologically” and is now reluctant to leave her home and struggles to sleep at night.


“He should not have access to images of my body and I fear there are other victims,” she said. “He has destroyed my confidence and stripped me of my trust.


“We all feel violated and are sickened these videos were viewed for sexual gratification. He thought he had the right to abuse his power.


“He is haunting me in my nightmares,” added the married nurse, who has not returned to Queen Mary’s. “I feel violated and dirty and do not want to be touched or looked at.”


The second nurse, who identified the rucksack, said in her victim impact statement she still feels guilty about failing to raise the alarm a few weeks earlier.


“I felt violated at my place at work, where I should have felt safe,” she said, adding she is still stressed and anxious.


“Dr Maglad was trusted in his powerful position as an elite physician.”


The third victim wrote: “It make me feel sick that he has videos of my body,” adding that she has “lost all faith” in male colleagues.


She said that she is “tearful and completely numb, feels constantly sick, disgusted and violated,” and has not returned to the hospital.


Dr Maglad’s lawyer John Howey told the court the iPhone’s password had been forwarded to the police and the dentist’s iCloud account could be made available for inspection.


On February 24 the General Dental Council (GDC) suspended him for eighteen months - the first step in a process that will likely result in the consultant being struck off.


“He has got no previous convictions, he is remorseful, is of positive character and has a background of exemplary conduct,” said the lawyer.


“He has had a very stressful two-month wait since pleading guilty, waiting for the probations’s pre-sentence report to be prepared.


“He has taken steps to address some of the issues he is facing and has self-referred himself and paid a not insignificant amount of money to go on that course.


“There is a history of depression and he had medical treatment in relation to that some years ago.”


Dr Maglad originally studied in Khartoum and qualified as a dentist in 1996.


“We all know how valued this profession is in this country and that there is a shortage of dentists.


“His employment was terminated immediately and the GDC is are aware and he is currently suspended. 


“He will be struck-off. There is no shadow of doubt about that as the GDC are one of the toughest professional bodies.


“Even if he is allowed to stay on the register he will not get a new job with this conviction.


“He was working three jobs. Queen Mary’s, King’s College Hospital and another job. These were multiple roles at different sites with management responsibilities.


“Professional colleagues raised concerns with Dr Maglad about his welfare, but he did not appreciate the state he was in and it was only when he was arrested and everything came crashing down that he appreciated the state he was in.


“He found himself isolated from his family home in Newcastle while he was in London by himself,” explained Mr Howey.


“Consultancy roles are few and far between so he came to London for a number of years, living by himself and working many, many hours and going home only once a month.


“He was under huge amounts of stress, added to by the news relatives in Sudan had to flee the troubled country and are now in Egypt.


“This all created a perfect storm. He was isolated and there was a complete lack of intimacy with his wife and he reverted to pornography.


“He has told me he does not think the pre-sentence report shows how remorseful he is.”


Dr Maglad was sentenced to six months imprisonment, suspended for eighteen months; must complete forty days of rehabilitation and pay each of the three nurses £500 compensation.


He must also sign the sex offenders register for seven years and was ordered to pay £85 costs and a £154 victim surcharge.


Bench chairwoman Mrs H East told Dr Maglad: “Many people experience periods of stress, but they do not seek to record nurses taking their clothes off.


“Hospital hygiene means they undress and change into scrubs and you planned to film these female colleagues and now they do not feel safe working with male staff.


“You have destroyed their trust and they are having counselling for your activity and this will probably stay with them for a long time, perhaps years.


“You planned this and deliberately targeted them changing in their safe space and this was not a one-off offence.”


Before leaving the dock Dr Maglad announced: “I would like to say how sorry I am for all this.”

Saturday, 29 March 2025

Police Still Hunting Rapist Over A Year Later

Transport police have not given up hunting a vile predator, who raped a 14 year-old girl at an Essex railway station over a year ago.

The teenage victim was sexually assaulted and then raped in the toilets of Harlow Town station on Sunday, February 18, 2024 between 2.30am and 4.40am.

British Transport Police (BTP) have released this CCTV image of their suspect.

Investigating officers are appealing to the public to help them identify him.

BTP believe the man in the CCTV image may have information which could help their investigation.

If you recognise him or have any information please contact BTP by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 2400021176.

Alternatively you can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Thursday, 27 March 2025

Staff Glassed By "Vicious And Dangerous" Square Mile Hotel Guest

A drunken guest refused admission to the hotel's rooftop bar in the heart of The City deliberately smashed a wine glass into the faces of three members of staff.

Oliver Huckerby, 22, had checked into the Leonardo Royal St. Paul's hotel, near the famous cathedral with his girlfriend and became aggressive when denied access to the drinking area.

He received seven years imprisonment after being convicted at Inner London Crown Court of grievous bodily harm.

Huckerby, of Piggotts Way, Bishop's Stortford arrived at the hotel, located in the Square Mile, on December 16, 2023.

He later confessed to police he used cocaine that night and had been drinking.

Security officer Daniel Lessie asked Huckerby to leave the rooftop bar area and the aggressive guest smashed a wine glass in the victim's face and then used the broken stem as a weapon.

A barman stepped in to stop the attack on the security officer and was stabbed in the face, close to the eye. 

The wound was very deep and has left a life changing scar on the victim. 

Huckerby’s third victim was Marcel Seaka, another security guard, who called 999 to alert the police.

Detective Constable Connor Devine at City of London Police said: “This was a violent, unprovoked and sustained attack on security staff who were doing their job to protect customers and ensure their safety. 

“Our thoughts are with the victims and the people who feared for their lives on the night.

“The city is a great place to socialise and attacks like this are thankfully rare, but if you come into the City with violent intent we will bring you to justice.

“The nature of the assault carried out by Huckerby shows that he has a vicious and dangerous streak to him and the best place for him is in a prison cell.”

Various staff members and customers threw items at Huckerby to prevent further attacks. Huckerby was soaked in blood when he was arrested outside the hotel by City of London Police officers.

Daniel Lessie said in his victim impact statement: “I have suffered with the trauma from that incident every day. 

“When I saw the suspect again, I re-lived the moment he attacked me, to the point it was hard to control my emotions. 

“It also impacted me that the suspect stated he couldn’t remember the incident at all, it was as if the only ones suffering from re-living that moment were the victims and witnesses.

“I have suffered with spates of depression post this incident, with friends contacting me and worrying about my wellbeing. 

“I would be checked up on by my friends daily even some days twice a day depending on how I presented.

“The time of the incident it is a busy month for security staff with lots of opportunity to earn extra income, and the incident prevented me from earning extra income and caused me to lose half my salary whilst on sick leave. 

“I was struggling for a period of 6-9 months just to keep my head above water. I struggled to pay rent and other bills, causing me to run into a debt.”

The assault was captured clearly by CCTV and used to convict Huckerby of his crimes.

Tuesday, 25 March 2025

King's Road Zebra Crossing: Lord Charlie Brocket Convicted Of Failing To Stop

Court On Camera: Lord Charlie
Celebrity aristocrat Lord Charlie Brocket has been convicted of riding his moped through a King’s Road zebra while a female pedestrian was crossing.

The 73 year-old told Wimbledon
Magistrates’ Court it was too dangerous to make a sudden emergency stop on two wheels and he was nowhere near the woman anyway.


However, he was found guilty of failing to accord precedence to a pedestrian on a zebra crossing on August 19, last year.


Lord Brocket was fined £346, with £650 costs, plus a £138 victim surcharge and given three penalty points on his driving licence.



He told the court he is “retired” but receives approximately £3,000 per month in expenses to manage his family’s assets.


Lord Brocket, who arrived at court on the same Piaggio moped, dressed in a dark grey suit, light blur shirt and dark blue tie was determined to fight the case.


The ‘I’m a Celebrity……Get Me Out of Here!’ star, of The Piper Building, Peterborough Road, Fulham was riding home through Chelsea at 6.00pm.


He was caught on camera by pedal cyclist Oscar Blanco, 53, who was on his way home to New Malden from his finance job near Marble Arch, and recording the surrounding traffic.


“I saw that there was a pedestrian twenty to thirty yards away, waiting to cross. The pedestrian was already looking to the right to make safe passage across the crossing.


“I came to a very slow rolling, allowing the pedestrian to know I was slowing for them to cross,” he told the trial.


“There was an acknowledgment from the pedestrian, thanking me for slowing down. She mouthed: ‘Thank-you.’


“She began to cross the zebra crossing. As she started to cross the moped rider drove through the zebra crossing without stopping.


“I think I said: ‘Oh my God.’


“I stopped to allow the pedestrian to cross and the motorcycle didn’t.”


Cyclist Oscar Blanco
The video footage was played to the magistrates.


Lord Brocket told the court: “I was returning from running an errand to Peter Jones for one of my children back too my home, which is a mile from the incident.


“You try to ride in the middle of the road, on the central line to file past other cars if you have to.


“I was going down the middle of the road to the rear and right of a car that went over the crossing.


“I was doing the normal 20mph. The car in front of me made it slightly obscured for anything to the left and when I realised the pedestrian had put her foot on the zebra crossing the only possibility for me would have been an emergency stop.”


Quoting the Highway Code stopping distances Lord Brocket added: “I’ve been riding motorbikes for fifty years. These stopping distances are for four-wheel vehicles.


“Two-wheel vehicles don’t stop so quickly.


“The time between the pedestrian putting one foot on the crossing and my front wheel touching the crossing is 0.3 of a second and the emergency stop would have taken two seconds.


“I judged it too  dangerous to do an emergency stop on two wheels. I drove through the middle of the crossing and was nowhere close to the pedestrian.


“I judged it was unsafe to do an emergency stop. I judged it safer to carry on.


“In London you never quite know. Some people step onto a crossing and then change their mind.


“I did not know she was going to cross. You never quite do.


“She put half of her right foot on as my front wheel comes onto the crossing.


“I had to make a quick decision and it was safer to carry on than do an emergency stop.


“If you have got to do a rapid stop on two wheels, even on a dry road, you’ve got to know what you are doing.


“I would never have stopped and I had to make a snap decision. The bike would have just skidded, even on a dry road.


“You can’t stop in that time and I wasn’t going to risk it.”


However, the magistrates ruled that established case law meant any motorist with an obstructed view of a zebra crossing must show down sufficiently so they can stop safely if they have to.


“From the video evidence and the evidence of Mr Blanco we are satisfied the pedestrian was on the carriageway before any part of the defendant’s vehicle reached the crossing,” announced Chairwoman Wendy Preston.


“He said the car in front partially obstructed anything to his left.


“If you cannot see if there is a person on the crossing you must drive in such a way that you must stop if there is a person on it.”