Tuesday, 9 October 2018

Doggie Doo-Doo Feud Caught On CCTV

Bullseye: Pooh Hits Target
A two-year feud between dog-owning women neighbours in leafy Richmond-upon-Thames escalated when one threw her pooch’s excrement into the other’s front garden.

Forensic psychologist Bibi Cotman, 47, was caught on CCTV twice tossing dog bags onto the £690,000 property, later admitting it was an act of retaliation.

She pleaded guilty at Wimbledon Magistrates Court to harassing her neighbour on July 3 and 6 at her home in Worple Way.

The court heard single-mum Cotman lives around the corner in a £1m rented house in Houblon Road and both women have received police harassment warnings during their feud.

Cotman says things turned sour after she accused the woman of failing to control her dogs and the neighbour countered that she was an unfit mother.

Caught In The Act: Cotman
“There have been issues between Cotman and her neighbour and both were issued harassment warnings in November, 2016,” explained prosecutor Mr. Chidi Ikwuakolam.

The neighbour has a camera and warning outside her house.

“On both days Cotman is seen via CCTV throwing a dog bag, containing dog excrement, into her front garden.

“The first time was at 2.25pm and the blue bag is identified and she did the same thing three days later.”

Afterwards the neighbour said: “Cotman has made me feel uncomfortable where I live. I’m always trying to avoid her.

“I am alarmed, harassed and distressed and worry about leaving my property in case she sees me.

“I worry about what she will do to my property.”

Vittoria Trigilio, defending, told the court: “There have been malicious allegations made against Bibi Cotman by her neighbour and she has offered to sit down with her neighbour.

“One of the allegations at the beginning of the dispute was about her fitness to be a mother.

“She is very sorry to have done something so juvenile as to throw excrement. It is thoroughly unpleasant and unacceptable for dog waste to be placed in her garden.”

Cotman told a court probation officer: “She’s made my life hell,” explaining her neighbour turned against her when she demanded she control her dogs.

She also feels the neighbour’s son has bullied her nine year-old daughter and overall has “got away” with bad behaviour.

Ms. Trigilio added: “She has taken steps to avoid her neighbour and is profoundly ashamed of what she has done.

“It was impulsive behaviour and she knows she has an example to set to her daughter.”

Cotman is currently working on a novel and planning on returning full-time to her profession. 

Cotman was placed on a twelve-month community order, which includes up to ten days rehabilitation and was ordered to pay £85 costs and an £85 victim surcharge.

District Judge Barbara Barnes told her: “You have admitted to harassing your neighbour by throwing dog mess into her garden in furtherance of some grievance.

“I think it is serious and completely unacceptable behaviour.”

Monday, 8 October 2018

Cat Killer Caged

Camberwell Green Magistrates Court
A cat killer, who smothered his family’s female pet ‘Lola’ and buried her in the front garden, was locked-up for twelve weeks today.

Alistair Karl Molloy, 20, wrapped the tabby in a towel and squeezed the life out of her because she hissed at him, Camberwell Magistrates Court heard.

“You know this is up there with the most serious cases of animal welfare,” District Judge Tim Stone told Molloy. “You caused the death of this cat in the most horrendous way.

“No animal should go through anything like that.”

Molly, of Camberwell Green New Road, Camberwell Green pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to Lola by way of mechanical asphyxiation at the family home on December 19, last year.

Prosecutor Mr. Andrew Andrews, representing the RSPCA, who brought the case, said they received a call on December 23, last year that a cat had been killed by strangulation.

Police visited the family address and Mollloy’s father Raymond confirmed his son had killed the family cat and buried it in the front garden.

Later that day an RSPCA officer, accompanied by police, visited the family and by now Lola had been dug up.

“The officer saw a plastic bag containing a dead cat and the defendant was very upset and crying,” Mr. Andrews told the court. 

“His father wanted an interview carried out immediately and the defendant did make some admissions.”

Molloy was quizzed again on May 9 this year.

“The defendant made a full admission to the strangulation of the cat. He said he wrapped the cat in a towel and strangled her and was holding the cat’s mouth.

“He answered: ‘Yes’ when asked if he intended to kill the cat, saying: ’It took a minute of two. The cat hissed at me and never got use’d to me or people. It was a mad moment.’

“A post mortem was performed and a report by Shaun Taylor concludes death was caused by the cat being wrapped in a towel and its chest being squeezed.

“The towel would have restricted the cat’s movement and it would have felt fear, distress, air hunger and pain.

“Suffering was caused,” added Mr. Andrews. “Alistair Molly describes the cat as struggling when in the towel.

“It is a very distressing case for all concerned. The cat suffered a death and would have suffered for one to two minutes.”

He asked for Molly to received a six-year banning from owning a pet. “The RSPCA have grave concerns this person does pose a significant risk to all animals.”

Molloy’s lawyer Rodney Coleman told the court: “In a moment of extreme pressure in his mind he behaved in a ruthless way to a defenceless animal. This was an isolated incident.”

Making the six-year disqualification order Judge Stone added: “It is an offence that is so serious that I am not in a position to suspend it.”

Sunday, 7 October 2018

Spurs Winger Banned For Speeding In Merc

Tottenham Hotspur’s speedy winger Georges-Kevin N’Koudou has been banned from driving after he was clocked at 117mph on the M6.

The French star, 23, was driving a powerful black 5.5 litre Mercedes-Benz southbound near Cannock, Staffordshire on May 15 between junctions 13 and 12.

He pleaded guilty at Uxbridge Magistrates Court to one count of speeding and was fined £2,500, with £170 costs and ordered to pay an £85 victim surcharge.

N’Koudou was also disqualified from driving for fifty-six days.

Saturday, 6 October 2018

Six-And-A-Half Years For Molesting Young Girl Five Decades Ago

A Wiltshire man has been jailed for six-and-a-half years for repeatedly sexually abusing a young girl ten years his junior five decades ago, when sneaking in to her bedroom after a night's drinking.

Robert Johnson, 67, of Chadwick Close, Bowerhill, Melksham was aged eighteen years-old when the abuse began at a former address in west London.

He was found guilty at Isleworth Crown Court of one count of indecency with a child between August 19, 1969 and August 19, 1971 at the Perivale house.

Johnson, who now uses a walking stick, was also found guilty of two counts of indecently assaulting the girl, who was eight years-old when he molested her, between the same dates.

Following the three-day trial the jury reached their verdicts after four hours of deliberation.

Johnson was also ordered to sign the sex offenders register for life.

Prosecutor Mr. Charles Royle told the court: “She recalls a pattern of behaviour when Mr. Johnson came back from the community club, having been drinking.

“He was eighteen years-old at the time and she was eight years-old and remembers him exposing himself to her when he came into her bedroom after the club and woke her up.”

The complainant says Johnson then forced her to perform intimate sexual acts on him.

“This behaviour continued on other occasions and the complainant would try and hide in the toilet,” explained Mr. Royle.

After a year she reported Johnson, but was a branded an “evil child” by those close to her, the jury were told.

However, she eventually made a statement to police and Johnson was arrested at his home on February 9, last year.

“He said the allegations were rubbish,” added Mr. Royle.

The jury were played the complainant's video-recorded police interview in which she tearfully recalled: “The first time it happened he came into my room, woke me up and said that he wanted me to touch him, which I did.

“I was a bit surprised and from that moment it progressed. He would come in and tell me to be quiet.

He use'd to have a bit to drink and that's when he came up to me. I use'd to lock myself in the toilet.”

Friday, 5 October 2018

Teen Mobile Phone Terror Caged

A nasty mobile phone snatcher, who cycled around busy central London targeting unsuspecting females, has been locked-up for two years and eight months.
He was caught by members of the public responding to the cries of his second victim, who was thrown to the ground as she battled for her phone.
Harry Stevens, 19, of Alderney House, Islington committed his first offence on Wednesday, May 2 at 2.15pm.
He rode past a girl - who was looking at her phone - as she waited to cross Shaftesbury Avenue and snatched the phone from her hand with force and rode off.
Shortly after, on the same day, he rode past a woman at a bus stop in High Holborn who was checking her phone.
Again, Stevens rode past and snatched it from her hand with such force she fell to the ground.
Stevens was weaving in and out of traffic, but was stopped and detained by brave members of the public who spotted what he had done and heard the second robbery victim calling out.
This victim approached Stevens and demanded her phone back.
He claimed that he didn’t have it.
A member of the public then said they would dial the victim’s number.
At this point, Stevens produced two stolen phones.
He then attempted to make off and escape, running down Chancery Lane.
Officers were on route and were able to catch and arrest him.
Stevens was also made subject by Blackfriars Crown Court to a five-year Criminal Behaviour Order.
It stipulates he cannot use a pedal cycle in a public place; associate with certain individuals in a public place and not to be in possession of more than one mobile phone/sim card and that that should be registered on the www.immobilise.com website.
PC Gill Simpson, from Islington, said: “Stevens was an opportunist thief who thought he could target those using their phones in busy areas.
He used force and had no regard for the victims from which he stole.
"I would like to praise the bravery of those members of the public who intervened and would remind all those using phones whilst out and about to remain vigilant and aware of their surroundings, report all thefts and robberies and help safeguard their property by registering their device on the www.immobilise.com website.”

Thursday, 4 October 2018

Scumbag Who Snatched Pensioner's Handbag Sentenced

A “vicious” mugger, who stalked an 84 year-old pensioner and her 52 year-old daughter – dragging the older woman to the ground to snatch £2,500 – has been locked-up.
Moses Blackwood, 22, of Sunnyhill Road, Streatham, who had followed the pair from a bank, punched and kicked the daughter and pushed her to the ground when she intervened.
He was jailed for four years and eight months at Croydon Crown court for robbery and assault with intent to commit robbery.
Both victims were in a Streatham High Road bank, where Blackwood watched the mother withdraw £5,000 cash and divide it with her daughter.
He followed them along Streatham High Road and onto a bus.
He got off the bus with them and followed them to a supermarket in Green Lane, Thornton Heath.
As they approached their home Blackwood suddenly pounced and snatched the older lady's handbag, dragging her to the ground.
Her daughter also ended up on the ground when Blackwood punched and kicked her.
Detectives in Croydon quickly launched an investigation and gathered CCTV footage of the attack and the route the suspect took before the robbery.
Blackwood contacted the police to say that he had been a victim of crime and forced to commit the robbery.
He attended Brixton Police station, where he was arrested.
Blackwood's claim that he committed the robbery under duress was dismissed by the judge who described it as a pack of lies concocted to avoid justice.
PC Steve Keahey, of Croydon CID, said: "This was a vicious attack on two women on their own doorstep, which has had a significant impact on their lives since.
"Blackwood observed the victims for some time and followed them a considerable distance to commit this appalling offence.
“I hope this sentence result brings some measure of comfort and a feeling of justice for the victims.
"Although incidents with this level of violence are rare, I would encourage anyone who withdraws large amounts of cash from banks to be aware of their surroundings and if they see anyone acting suspiciously or paying close attention to them, to go with their instinct and call police.
“Your call could be vital to preventing someone else being followed and robbed."

Wednesday, 3 October 2018

Football Club Volunteer Jailed For Molesting 13 Year-Old Boy

A football club volunteer, who molested a 13 year-old boy in the early hours during a sleepover at his house, has been caged.
Carl Wright, 58, of Brendon Close, Harlington received three years and six months imprisonment.
He was also given an indefinite Sexual Harm Prevention Order and will also be on the Sex Offenders Register for life.

He pleaded guilty at Isleworth Crown Court to sexually assaulting the teen and falsely imprisoning the youngster by preventing him leaving the address.
Police were contacted by the victim’s mother on March 17, who stated her son had been sexually assaulted by a man who helped out with coaching at Sandgate Youth F.C.
The teenager had stayed at the home address of Wright the previous night.
At around 2.00am Wright entered the room where the boy was sleeping and sexually assaulted him.
When the victim realised what was happening, he got up and immediately got dressed.
He ran from the room straight to the front door to leave, but was prevented from doing so by Wright.
The victim pleaded with Wright that he wanted to go home and eventually he drove the victim home in his car.
Wright suggested to the victim’s mother there had been a misunderstanding but as soon as the victim informed his mother of what had happened police were called.
Wright was arrested by officers later that morning and was charged the next day.
Detective Constable Alex Dhaliwal, from the Metropolitan Police's Child Abuse and Sexual Offences Command, said: "These offences committed by Wright are of an extremely serious nature and have had a significant impact on the life of the victim and especially his family who trusted him.
He took advantage of the victim and sexually assault him. The victim and his family have been very brave in coming forward which has helped us to catch Wright and bring him to justice.
“We are keen to establish whether there are other victims of Wright who have yet to come forward.
“Anyone who believes they were a victim of Wright is asked to contact police via 101."

Tuesday, 2 October 2018

Police Sledgehammer Attack: Wanted Suspect Identified

Police are hunting this suspect after a female officer was struck with a sledgehammer when responding to a domestic call in north-west London.
He has been identified as Cayle Lynch, 24.
Officers on Barnet Borough dashed to the address in Sunningfields Road, Hendon at 9.30am on August 10.
There had been reports of a male armed with a knife at the location, a residential address.
Two officers entered the property and were confronted by a man - believed to be Lynch - armed with a sledgehammer, who swung it at them.
The officer, aged in her thirties, was struck by the sledgehammer and the male escaped the property and fled.
The officer was not seriously injured and is currently recovering at home.
Lynch is known to sleep rough and frequents Sunny Hill Park and Hampstead Heath.
He should not be approached.
Anyone who sees Lynch should call police immediately on 999 quoting CAD 1981 10 AUG 18.

Monday, 1 October 2018

Brothers Battered In West End: CCTV Released

Police hunting a violent thug after two brothers were attacked in the early hours at a West End cash point have released this CCTV image.
At approximately 4.00am on Sunday, July 15, a 32-year-old man was using the ATM in Burwood Place, near Edgware Road when he was approached by the suspect.
The suspect engaged him in conversation before following him.
He then struck the man across the head, causing him to fall to the ground.
The man's 38-year-old brother went to his aid and was punched in the face, fracturing his jaw.
No property or money was stolen.
The suspect is described as between 25 and 35 years old, 5ft 9ins tall with a beard and glasses.
Detective Constable Samuel Turner, from Westminster CID, said: "I would urge anyone who recognises this man to come forward and speak with us.
The level of violence he used in these unprovoked assaults is of serious concern and it is important that we identify him."
Anyone with information is asked to contact officers via 101 quoting reference 1729/15July.
Alternatively, they can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.