Wednesday 17 February 2010

Dope-Head Caught By Extra Security


A Swindon cannabis smoker was caught out by the City of London’s ‘ring of steel’ security measure enforced by police to protect the Square Mile when officers detected the telltale smell of the drug.

Ali Sari, 29, of Shrewton Walk, pleaded guilty at City of London Magistrates’ Court to possessing a small quantity of the drug in Bishopsgate (pictured) on February 8.

The court heard it was 3.40pm when Sari was pulled over by police in one of the most security-sensitive parts of the country and subjected to a Section One search for weapons and stolen property.

Police smelled cannabis inside his car and Sari confessed to having a half-smoked joint inside a packet of cigarettes stashed inside the passenger-side door.

Sari, who was fined for an identical offence in November last year admitted the cannabis was for his own personal use.

“I am sorry to be here. I have smoked for eleven years. I would like to stop, but I don’t know how,” Sari told the court.

“I have now cut down to three or four a day. I tried to stop, but it is difficult. I use to smoke twenty a day.”

Sari was fined £350, with £90 costs.

No comments: