Friday 19 August 2016

Life Ban For Jet-Set Virgin Flyer Who Abused Stewardess And Thumped WPC

The drunken jet-setting wife of a Dubai restaurant chain entrepreneur chinned a WPC after being hauled off a flight for abusing a stewardess and threatening to punch her.

Lauren Johnson, 23, will have to find another airline to jet her between her £470,000 Greenwich home and the United Arab Emirates after Virgin Atlantic banned her for life.

She had too much to drink during the seven-hour Dubai to Heathrow flight and told one stewardess: “You smug bitch, you wear too much make-up.

“Look at you, you old hag, old slag covered in fake tan.”

The first-time offender, of Dupree Road pleaded guilty to being drunk on an aircraft and assaulting the officer on June 17.

She was sentenced to four months imprisonment, suspended for eighteen months, and fined £4,500.

She was also ordered to pay £500 compensation to the officer, who suffered swelling to her cheek, and £425 costs.

“We travel at least once a month and I have never done anything like this before, it’s completely out of character,” Johnson told Isleworth Crown Court.

“I’ve been banned from Virgin now and I’ve had social services involved as well,” added the young mum.

“We have a house here and a house in Dubai.”

Prosecutor Mr. Neil Guest said the plane was nearing Heathrow when an attendant heard banging on the cockpit door. 

“On the other side was this defendant holding a child and she said: ‘My baby wants to wave to the captain.’

“This was not allowed and later the same attendant saw Mrs Johnson standing up with her child as the plane approached Heathrow.

“She was asked to sit down and replied: ‘I won’t f***ing sit down. I need to find my husband.”

In earshot of the stewardess Johnson told her husband: “I’m going to punch her in the face.”

Mr. Guest added: “Johnson was shouting and swearing and waving her arms around, refusing to sit down and put on her seatbelt.

“This continued for ten minutes and throughout the time there was abuse and swearing.”

It got so bad her husband put his hand over her mouth at one point and she was met by police when the plane landed.

“She was still shouting and being abusive and had to be handcuffed and lifted up by the officers because she refused to walk.

“She kept hitting the door of the police van on her way to the station, where she struck the policewoman on the chin with her hand.”

The officer said afterwards: “I felt dazed and a pain in my jaw and teeth.”

Johnson, speaking from the secure dock, added; “I’d like to apologise. I’m not the kind of person who goes out and gets drunk every weekend.

“It was a big mistake that I made and I hold my hands up and will take whatever sentence of punishment comes.”

Judge Robin Johnson told the defendant, who has a twelve month-old child: “Those who get drunk on an airplane and abuse staff often go to prison.

“The only thing saving you is that when you were violent it was after you left the plane. If it was on the plane you would have gone to prison.

“Those who behave like this on an airplane are a menace and a safety risk and I am not surprised Virgin have banned you for life.

“This will be an expensive trip and I hope this has been a lesson to you and you stay clear of alcohol when on an airplane.”

No comments: