Monday 4 June 2018

Fat Controller Sentenced For Bus Station Gropes

A fat bus station controller, who groped the bottoms of two female drivers while embracing them between shifts, has been sentenced.  

Scott Robert Cairney, 55, asked one: “How do you like your eggs in the morning? I’ll fertilise them for you.”

He was fired from his job with Transport for London at busy Cromwell Road terminus, Kingston-upon-Thames, south-west London and now complains his life has been ruined.

The Scotsman, who has moved back to his mother’s Argyll home, was convicted of sexually assaulting both women on July 10, last year, then sexually assaulting one of them again on July 14. 

Last Friday Cairney, of Park Road, Dunoon, received an eighteen-month community order, which includes a sixty-day rehabilitation activity requirement.

He was also ordered to sign the sex offenders register for five years and pay £200 costs and an £85 victim surcharge.

The former Dunoon Grammar schoolboy returned to his native Scotland after over five years in the post.

The first victim was beckoned over with her female colleague by a seated Cairney. 

“He is the controller so has some senior authority at the station,” she told Wimbledon Magistrates Court.

“He pulled me down by my left arm on top of him and squeezed my behind and moved his hand between my legs.

“It was my left cheek, he squeezed it twice and moved his hand in between.

“I pulled back and went off I was shocked and didn’t say anything to him. It caused me stress, I felt violated, someone touching my private parts.”

Her colleague said: “He opened his arms for a hug, which was not unusual and he hugged us together and squeezed my right butt cheek.

“Previously we had hugged him, that was the drill. I did not know what to think to be fair.”

The women exchanged texts afterwards with the first victim asking: ‘Did he feel up your arse? F***ing pervert. He’s a bock eyed tosser.’

The same woman was groped again four days later. “Someone came up behind me and put their arms around me like a bear hug.

“He was trying to kiss the back of my head. He let go and as I walked he grabbed my bottom again.

“I said: ‘Leave it out’ and he said: ‘What’s the matter with you?’ and I told him to: ‘F*** off.’

“He said: ‘How do you like your eggs in the morning? I’ll fertilise them for you.’

“He also said he wanted to strangle my boyfriend so he could be with me.”

Cairney denied groping the two woman. “I said: ‘C’mon over here.’ I put my arms out and the two of them leant over and I gave them a little hug.

“I didn’t touch anyone’s bottom and I certainly didn’t squeeze anyone’s bottom. That would be a disgusting thing to do.”

Regarding the second incident, which was caught on CCTV, he told the court: “I kissed her on the back of the head and said: ‘Okay sweetheart?’

“They are both lying. I did not touch their bottoms.”

He complained his life had been destroyed by the allegations. “How’s it effected my life? Where do I start?

“First of all I lost my job, my house, my car, my health. I had to move back to Scotland and to round it off I appeared in the local newspaper.”

District Judge Barbara Barnes told Cairney: “They both described how shocked and upset they were and one said she simply did not know what to do.

“The text exchange does support their account.

“The CCTV clearly shows you approaching her from behind and encircling her with your arms and kissing the back of her head.

“She extricated herself rapidly from your embrace.”

No comments: