Sunday 8 July 2018

Heathrow Exec Crashes Merc On Morning Commute While Over Methamphetamine Limit

A senior sales executive with Heathrow Express lost his job after crashing his Mercedes on his morning commute while three times the methamphetamine limit.

Australian-born Tate Williams Crawford, 37, a graduate of Queensland’s Griffith University is now sweating on a Home Office decision to allow him to live and work in the UK.

The commercial sales expert, of Crampton Street, Walworth pleaded guilty to driving the silver 2.1 litre vehicle with 30 micrograms of the drug per litre of blood on January 22.

Prosecutor Kate Seal told Camberwell Green Magistrates Court it was 8.35am when police were called to a collision involving Williams Crawford in Harleyford Road, Kennington.

“The officers conducted a preliminary impairment test test at the roadside, which he failed.”

At Brixton Police Station a blood sample was taken, which proved he was under the influence of the drug.

Williams Crawford’s UK residency is via his marriage to a British citizen and the Home Office are awaiting the outcome of the case before granting him another two years.

“I lost my job because of the incident. I was driving to work,” he told the court.

“The Home Office wrote to me and said they could not approve me until the outcome of the case.

“I have joined a couple of NHS community counselling organisations. It has been very stressful, something I don’t want to face again, I want to keep a clean record.

“Because of the Home Office I am not allowed to work at the moment and we have had to take out a couple of credit cards to help the shortfall.

“I drove, I tested positive, yes. I did not realise how long I’d have to wait, I do apologise, I’m remorseful.

“Will it effect my employment possibilities? Yes probably.

“I’m thankful I did not cause harm to myself or to other people.”

He was fined £120, with £85 costs, ordered to pay a £30 victim surcharge and was disqualified from driving for twelve months.

No comments: