Monday 15 April 2019

Bad Back Man Back In Court

Court Date: Hodge
A struggling lorry driver, dogged by severe back pain, was caught behind the wheel of his car while over three times the limit for cannabis, which he was using to ease his symptoms, a court heard.

Colin Hodge, 37, of Old London Road, Harlow, Essex claims his life has been ruined by the condition.

He appeared at City of London Magistrates Court today, where he pleaded guilty to driving in Norton Folgate, Bishopsgate with a blood cannabis level above the legal limit.

Prosecutor Mr. Trevor Green told the court Hodge's level was 7.1. The legal limit is 2.0.

It was 7pm when police, alerted by Hodge's nervous behaviour at a security point, decided to speak to him further.

Hodge, who was caught drink-driving a decade ago failed a saliva test and was arrested.

“For the past two to three years I've been suffering really bad back problems and have spent thousands trying to fix it and been to the NHS.

“When I was a stopped I was on five different prescription drugs.

“I struggle from day-to-day to live. The last four months have been absolute hell and I don't sleep at night, I'm deeply, deeply sorry.

“I have been doing a lot of heavy lifting and could not keep my job. My back is absolutely destroyed.

“I sleep on my partner's sister's sofa every night. That's the only thing that helps me with my back.”

Hodge was disqualified from driving for two years and fined £120, with £85 costs, plus a £30 victim surcharge.

No comments: