Thursday 18 June 2020

Dumped Ex Of Harley Street Therapist Sentenced For Stalking Her

Ballad: Sadique
The heartbroken jilted husband of a Harley Street acupuncturist has been sentenced for a stalking campaign against his ex, which included making a “cringeworthy” love-sick video of a Bryan Adams ballad.

Shujat Sadique, 48, sent unwanted flowers and followed estranged wife Sahar Hooti after she dumped him for cheating on her multiple times, the court heard.

The alternative medicine expert - boss of AcuCare Clinic - told the trial she suffered stroke-like symptoms from numb-induced stress as a result of her husband’s behaviour.

He even sent her a a slick video he made of himself in a professional recording studio singing Bryan Adams’ ‘Please Forgive Me,’ in an effort to shake off his “boring” tag.

At Westminster Magistrates Court District Judge Angus Hamilton sentenced Sadique to a 12-month community order, which includes 120 hours community service work and a 15-day rehabilitation activity requirement.

He must also pay £450 costs, plus a £90 victim surcharge, but will not be the subject of a restraining order despite a Crown Prosecution Service application because the judge ruled Sahar had not been consulted.

Sadique, of Elmstead Avenue, Wembley was convicted of stalking Sahar between December 6, 2018 and March 9, last year.

The court heard his parents’ separation resulted in Sadique having difficulties dealing with rejection and he has sought psychotherapy and not contacted Sahar for nine months.

He sent his wife two videos seven months after she left him, filmed near the spot he proposed to her in Southsea, Hampshire, suspiciously recorded near her parked car.

Sahar told the trial: “He was looking for me and found my car. I was in the middle of a panic attack and I was on the floor.

“I had to cancel my patients and thought I was going have a stroke. One side of my face went numb and the medical people said it was extreme stress.”

"Scared": Sahar
Sadique recorded himself on the seafront begging: “You will see the new me. We can have a good life, have fun. I can be your soulmate, give this guy one more chance.”   

In the second clip he asked: “Just give me five minutes and we can salvage this. I love you with all my heart. Let me make your dreams come true darling.”

University of Portsmouth graduate Sahar, who has another AcuCare clinic just outside that city in Widley, told the court: “I just hated it. It was cringeworthy.”

The couple married in 2015 following a two-year romance, but after her July, 2018 walk-out Sadique’s stalking began by sending her “compromising private images”.

“My heart just sank in that moment. I knew what he was up to,” said Sahar, who also received multiple emails and WhatsApp messages from her husband.

However, Sadique dismissed the compliant, explaining the explicit images were taken during happier times the couple enjoyed in Ibiza. “You can only see a little bit of bum,” he told the trial.

He previously made a nuisance of himself at the clinic, she said. “He was waiting in reception and they thought he was a patient.”

“I was horrified. He was creating a scene and he wouldn’t leave.”

Five days later Sadique followed her in Oxford Street. “He tried to start a conversation and I asked a store security guard to stop him following me.

“He followed me around the shop and then to the train station, where I reported him to two police officers and they separated us.”

Sadique told the court he was acting romantically and spontaneously following criticism from his wife that he was “boring”.

This included producing the professional-looking music video featuring him crooning into a microphone over the Bryan Adams track, which starts: “It still feels like our first night together. Feels like the first kiss.”

This was to show he was a new man after refusing to join in karaoke with his wife during the marriage, he claimed. “The videos are cringe, but I was out of my comfort zone and trying to be real.

“When you are on your own you end up googling things on the internet like: ‘How to win your girlfriend back’.

“I thought I would show her this side of me and she would say: ‘Wow. He’s changed’.

“I also went to the place I proposed to her and made the videos. I thought it was romantic.”

The campaign has dramatically effected her quality of life, explained Sahar. “It’s frightening and I stay at home. I pull my curtains and keep my alarm with me.

“I’m scared to have a social life and can’t sleep in my own house. If I hear a noise I think it is him or someone he has sent. It’s too much.”

No comments: