Sunday 13 December 2020

Man Denies Raping And Biting Woman's Lip

A woman was raped at a Carshalton address, where she was so badly beaten her jaw was fractured and lip left hanging off following a savage bite, a court heard.

Russell Stowell, 40, of River Gardens dialled 999 at midnight after biting through the woman's lip at the home he shares with his father, the jury were told.

“He kept squeezing and squeezing my neck and biting my face and whacking my head off the wardrobe and walls,” she told the Croydon Crown Court jury.

“He bit my lip and there was blood eveywhere.

“He pulled me by the hair and punched me in the face and kept hitting and strangling me and said I was going to die.”

Prosecutor Mr Andrew Copeland said it was one second after midnight on June 1 when Stowell dialled 999, claiming the woman had fallen and cut her lip.

The ambulance crew took her to the nearest hospital.

“Her lower lip was hanging away and the crew's suspicions were aroused,” said the prosecutor. “She was frightened, petrified and made the allegation the defendant assaulted her.

“At the hospital she said she was raped.”

The ambulance crew called the police and the woman spoke to an officer.

“She said she had been sexually attacked, raped and assaulted.”

The woman told police she asked Stowell to stop during sex because it was so rough and painfull and he told her: “That's how I like it.”

She said she was pulled off the bed by her hair.

“He bit me on my bottom lip and there was blood eveywhere and he panicked.”

The prosecutor told the court: “He continued to fulfill his gratification against her wishes, even though it started out as consensual.

“He hit her so hard he broke her jaw. There was strangling of her neck, leaving red marks, biting of her lower lip, leaving it hanging off while threatening to kill her.

“It was all the blood pouring from her lip that made him think again.”

Stowell has pleaded not guilty to one count of rape; two counts of inflicting grievous bodily harm with intent and one count of making a threat to kill on May 31.

Trial continues.........

No comments: