Tuesday 12 April 2022

Derby Nuisance Caller Threatened Police

A Derby man, currently locked-up for making threatening phone calls, appeared in court today, where he complained about his probation officer and lack of legal representation.

Danesh Joshi, 49, has been remanded in top-security HMP Belmarsh since police arrested and charged him with his latest offences.

“I have been really abused by my probation officer,” he told Inner London Crown Court. “I have been denied the opportunity to get legal representation.”

Previous offender Joshi, of Portland Street, Cavendish earlier pleaded guilty to making threatening phone calls to Derbyshire Police and persistently making use of a public communication network to cause annoyance, inconvenience or anxiety on December 18, last year.

He admitted the offences when he appeared via videolink at Croydon Magistrates Court, where a charge of making threats to kill were dropped.

“I was accused of threatening to kill my probation officer, but they did not proceed,” said Danesh from the secure dock.

“At Croydon Magistrates Court I was suffering extreme anxiety. I did not understand the charges fully and did not know if I was guilty or not guilty.

“I've had some memory loss as well and I have not seen any Legal aid forms in custody.”

Danesh was remanded in custody to return on April 19.

No comments: