Monday, 20 July 2026

Big Brother Versus Little Sister

Outside Court: Hanah Haji
Big Brother star Hanah Haji pummelled her little sister’s face with punches during a row over her bringing men to the family home, a court heard.

The 25 year-old appeared in 2024’s Series 21 of the reality show, where she went on hunger strike in protest over the show’s food.


Ealing Magistrates’ Court saw an image of a cut above the left eye of her 19 year-old sister Mona Shiekh, along with bruising to her face.


Former HR consultant Haji, of Reade Court, Stanley Road, Acton was convicted of assaulting her sister at the address on July 16, last year and was bailed to August 24 for a probation report.


Mona told the trial from behind a screen it was 7.30pm and she was ill and in her bedroom when she refused Haji’s request to go to the shops for her.


“She muttered: ‘What the f***?’ and I could hear her say: ‘I hope you die from your condition,’ as she shouted in the hallway.


“She barged in, slamming the door against the wall. She pushed me onto the bed and I covered my face and she started banging on my face.


“She was punching. I could feel the fists and I was screaming.”

Punched: Mona Shiekh


Mona audio-recorded the foul-mouthed row on her phone, which was played in court, revealing the shouting and swearing between the sisters.


“You’re a whore as well,” shouted Mona on the recording, telling the court: “She was bringing men around the house.


“If you’re going to have sexual intercourse in the morning multiple times with men while I’m in the house you need to have boundaries.”


In her statement the younger sister said: “I’m really scared of her and can’t go back to my home address safely.”


Haji claimed she only punched her sister in self-defence when she was scratched to the arms and kicked to the legs, but the victim denied this.


“In the past she has got physical with me, tapping me on the shoulder and spitting in my face,” said Mona. “It was not self-defence, it was unprovoked.”


Haji showed the court images of injuries she claimed were inflicted by Mona, adding: “We were in each other’s face. She scratched me and was kicking me.


“After a bit I punched her because she was kicking and scratching me and a year later I still have those bruises to my legs.


“I punched her and punched her again and she screamed and I backed off. I’m not trying to beat up my little sister and I am not a spitter, that’s disgusting.


“I did not want to hurt her physically. I don’t blame her, I blame the hostile environment we were in.”


Bench chairwoman Caroline Newell announced: “You admitted punching your sister twice in the face and we don’t believe you were required to use that level of force that resulted in the injuries sustained by your sister.”


The court also heard that as a juvenile in 2016, when she was 15 year-old Haji was convicted of inflicting grievous bodily harm and received a rehabilitation order, which included an electronically-tagged curfew.

No comments: