Wednesday 14 August 2013

Kid's Nursery Boss Shoved Employee While Shouting: "Stupid White Bitch"


The black manager of a children's nursery has been fined after calling one of her staff a "stupid white bitch," and pushing the young woman during a row over breaks.

Rosalind Sawyer, 66, of Wilbury Avenue, Sutton told Tara Swift to "get the fuck out of my nursery," and has now ended up with a conviction for racially aggravated assault.

She denied, but was convicted of the offence at Camberwell Magistrates' Court and was fined a total of £250, with £500 costs.

The court heard Sawyer confronted Miss Swift outside the Childrens World Nursery in Wiltshire Road, Brixton (pictured) on January 31 after spotting the baby care employee leaving for a break.

"I heard my name being called and saw that it was my manager," Miss Swift told the court.

"She said: 'Where do you think you're going?' and said I had better go back inside or not bother coming back.

"She was loud and aggressive and had just turned up at two in the afternoon and I had been there all morning.

"She said she was sick off me and my fucking breaks every day and when I said I was entitled to a break she told me to: 'Get the fuck out of my nursery'."

Inside Miss Swift collected her belongings from a staff locker and was leaving the room via a baby gate when Sawyer approached.

"Mrs Sawyer pushed me in my throat and I went staggering back. 

"I had no defence. I was holding the gate and was not expecting it.

"As she pushed me I went stumbling back and afterwards I started crying.

"Mrs Sawyer said: 'You can't do your job. You're stupid, you're a fucking white bitch.'

"I was upset, I was shocked."

No comments: