Sunday, 11 January 2015

Prostitute-Killer Who Robbed Another Sex Worker Locked-Up

Maria Duque-Tunjano
A mentally deranged killer bludgeoned the prostitute he was visiting to death two weeks after tying up and robbing another sex worker – triggering a nationwide manhunt.
Robert Richard Fraser, 40, inflicted fatal blunt force trauma to the head of 48 year-old Maria Duque-Tunjano then searched through her handbag, snatching cash and her mobile phone.
He pleaded guilty at the Old Bailey to the manslaughter of the Colombian-born victim by diminished responsibility and received an indefinite hospital order under the Mental Health Act.
Fraser killed Ms Duque-Tunjano at her flat in Earl's Court Square, Earl's Court on January 31 and also admitted robbing a 27 year-old prostitute in Hermitage Street, Paddington on January 18.
Detective Chief Inspector Nicola Wall of the Homicide and Major Crime Command said: “Fraser was clearly a danger to women and in particular sex workers.
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank the media and the general public for the assistance they provided to the police during the four-days in which a manhunt to locate Fraser was underway.

“I would also like to thank the various services that support sex workers for the valuable help they provided the police in communicating with the women particularly when we needed provide them with personal safety advice and speak to them as witnesses.”
The court heard Fraser contacted an escort agency and made arrangements to visit the 27-year old woman the following evening.

Robert Fraser
Fraser arrived at the property at about 7.30pm and attacked the woman, using her pyjamas to tie her up and gag her, and stole cash.

An investigation was launched and Fraser was later identified as a suspect by DNA evidence he left at the scene.

Nearly a fortnight later the body of Ms Duque-Tunjano was found by a friend in the bedroom of a flat in Earls Court Square, after concerns were raised for her welfare. 

She had not been seen or heard from since Tuesday, January 28 and
a post-mortem examination established that she had suffered blunt force trauma to the head, and a murder investigation was launched.

Detectives established that Ms Duque-Tunjano took a booking from Fraser on January 28 and arrangements were made for him to attend the flat for sexual services.
His arrival at 9.57pm was witnessed by another sex worker who left shortly afterwards and it was also captured on CCTV.

CCTV captured Fraser leaving the property at 10.25pm after he had killed Ms Duque-Tunjano and his DNA was found at the scene.

Enquires conducted at this known addresses yielded clothing and footwear, which matched the descriptions of clothing he was thought to have been wearing during the two offences.
A laptop with details of escort agencies and sex workers was also found.

Enquiries to locate and arrest Fraser were underway and his image was circulated to the national media.

Fraser was arrested on Tuesday, February 4 in Leicester Square, central London, after a member of the public recognised him and called the police. 

No comments: