Monday 12 February 2018

Gilbey Gin Heir Describes Sister As "Menace" To Their Mother


Sir Walter Gilbey told the trial his sister Lady Camilla Frederick, 64, was an ex-drug user determined to get her hands on their mother’s estate and supported the bogus assault allegation.

“My sister was just trying to control, take control of my mother’s money. She’s had a lot of problems, she a recovering heroin addict I witnessed giving marijuana to her children.

“A complaint was made to the Public Guardian that I was stealing my mother’s money. My sister made the same complaint to the police, a doctor and her daughter.”

Sir Water was cleared of the allegations. “My conduct was exemplary. I’d like to think I’m a good man of moral character.”

Sir Walter Gavin Gilbey, 68, of Torwood, Stafford Road, Dornoch denies assaulting his 95 year-old mother Lady Elizabeth Gilbey on August 26, last year at her home in Little Paddock, Bury, Pulborough.

Trouble began when he snatched his mother’s car keys from the ignition two days before the assault claim. “She responded by wailing, screaming and pounding the steering wheel with her fists.

“She said: ‘You’re ruining my life. I hate you, I will get you for this.

“The second time I did it she got out of the car and started hitting me with her stick and that’s when I broke it in two pieces.”

He said of the assault allegation: “This is fantasy. My sister has been nothing but a perpetual menace to my mother this last year.

“I believe without any doubt my sister has groomed our mother to gain control of our mother’s assets. This is the motive.”

Sir Walter said the bruise must have been caused by an innocent fall. “She’s done it several times before. I’ve seen her staggering, stumbling, she’s very unsteady on her feet.”

His sister Lady Camilla said of her mother: “The fear and terror is etched into her brain.

“How would you feel about your brother doing this to your mother?” she asked, rejecting Sir Walter’s claim she was jealous of him.

“I did not want him or myself to have POA or be executors of the will to end the family dispute.”

She dismissed her brother’s suggestion she plotted with her mother to frame him, telling defence lawyer Mr. John Blandford: “Don’t be so ridiculous, that’s laughable.

“You’re a joke, you’re a joker. I totally reject it, it is nonsense, ridiculous.

“I’m a mastermind? I did that did I? To insinuate I did that is disgraceful, disgusting, you’ve been instructed by someone quite weird.”

The trial, at Horsham Magistrates Court, continues.........

No comments: