Monday 3 December 2018

Boozy Pete Tong Ibiza Classics Duo Battered Security Guard At O2

Harness & Scrivener
Two boozy female friends battered an O2 security guard to the floor after he ushered one them away at a huge party-themed dance music event.

Carer Stephenie Harness, 31, and housekeeper Stacey Scrivener, 31, had been drinking at the ‘Pete Tong Presents Ibiza Classics’ show at the Greenwich dome.

Harness, of Railway Cottage, Langrick Road, Boston, Lincolnshire and single-mum Scrivener, of St. Clements Close, Main Street, Rowston, both pleaded guilty to assault, causing actual bodily harm on December 16, last year.

Bexley Magistrates Court heard Harness shouted a racial slur at victim Saiful Khan and threw her blackcurrant cider in his face, but she denied both allegations.

An imprint of Scrivener’s Converse sneaker was left on Mr. Khan’s security shirt, but she denied deliberately kicking him, assuming it must have been left when she stood up.

Both women received a 12-month community order, which includes 80 hours community service and each must pay Mr. Khan £200 compensation and £100 costs.

They had travelled from Lincolnshire with a larger group and prosecutor Miss Thandi Lubimbi said: “Both defendants were under the influence of alcohol.

“Mr. Khan saw Scrivener around some seating and afraid for her safety, because there was a drop, ushered her away from the area.

“Harness got involved and said: ‘F***ing paki muslim’ and threw her drink in his face and both of them started punching and kicking him.

“He sustained a black eye, swelling to his face and a cut under the eye.”

Both women deny kicking the victim, but concede they used “excessive self-defence” in response to Mr. Khan’s alleged aggressive treatment of Scrivener.

The security guard told police: “I was trying to rub the alcohol out of my eyes and I could feel punches and kicks all over my body.

“I was knocked to the floor and was lying on my stomach. I was in a lot of pain around my face, neck and back.

“This incident has had a massive effect on my life and I had to go home to my parents smelling of alcohol and with injuries.

“Having alcohol thrown at me and told I am a: ‘F***ing paki muslim’ is deeply distressing. She was mocking my whole religion and some of the alcohol went in my mouth, which my religion forbids.”

Another security guard told police: “Both women kept attacking him. They were throwing punches and fighting him on the floor and I was trying to get them off.”

Harness told the officers at the scene she saw Mr. Khan grabbing Scrivener: “I was protecting my friend. I know I punched him for what he was doing to her.”

She now says her memory of the assault is erased by her alcohol consumption that night, but says she is “shocked” by her behaviour.

Scrivener, who police note was “sobbing uncontrollably” says she had three pints that night and Mr. Khan was overly-aggressive towards her.

She still complains she was forced to hitch-hike home when police released her from custody at 11pm the following Sunday night.

District Judge Vanessa Lloyd told them: “You have both pleaded guilty to a very serious offence. I accept it was an incident that lasted moments, but for Mr. Khan and each of you it has had much longer-lasting consequences.

“I am sure it effected him every time he set-off for work. 

“I accept it arose out of a misunderstanding and the two of you didn’t go out that evening expecting that.

“It quickly got out of control and Mr. Khan came off the worse.

“I don’t think you had the intention this would happen, but it was not helped by your drinking, although I have not heard you were legless.

“It was an isolated incident and I don’t see how society will be helped by sending you to prison. That will have bigger repercussions to your employment.”

No comments: