Saturday 1 December 2018

Policeman Denies Leering At Showering Female Officer

A policeman got sexual kicks from spying on a naked female officer showering at their shared section house then hid inside a toilet cubicle when he was caught, a court heard today yesterday.

The policewoman says Oliver Levi Darby, 41, ogled her through a six-inch gap in the curtain before making up a story of feeling ill in a clumsy attempt at an excuse.

Metropolitan Police officer Darby, of Sand Cottage, Docking Road, Burnham Market, King’s Lynn, Norfolk was staying at Gilmour Section House, Kennington Lane, Lambeth.

The officer, who works on Westminster Borough has pleaded not guilty at Inner London Crown Court to one count of observing a person doing a private act for his sexual gratification on January 9.

Prosecutor Mr. Oliver Doherty told the jury the policewoman had just completed her shift and went to the shower room in her dressing gown at 7pm.

“She had been in the shower for ten minutes and noticed another person had entered the shower room and stood in the entrance of the wet room.

“Initially she thought it was another female and the person stood by the entrance to the wet room for about ten seconds and said nothing.

“She had the feeling somebody was behind her so turned to her left and the curtain was open about six inches from the wall and she could see there was a person stood behind her, facing the shower cubicle.

“She is sure the person would have been able to see her naked as she was washing herself.

“As she turned around the person then dashed into the toilet cubicle.”

The policewoman told the jury: “From the corner of my eye I could see there was someone stood there.

“I had a feeling that someone was behind me and glanced over my left shoulder where the curtain was open and saw someone was there and saw someone was watching me.

“It was open approximately six inches. I saw a figure facing me, they were square-on facing me.

“It was very quick and they side-dived into the cubicle and locked the door. It was as if the second I saw them they side-stepped.

“I could see that it was a male, but did not want to believe it was a male.

“I grabbed my towel, I was so shocked. I was so shocked by the situation I thought maybe I was mistaken.

“I felt really exposed.”

Darby admits he was in the shower room looking for a toilet cubicle to throw up in because there were none free in the mens room. 

“He was there for sexual gratification because of the manner her was observing her and his behaviour afterwards when he dashed into the toilet cubicle,” Mr. Doherty told the court.

“She was in shock and questioned if it was a muscular-looking female, but she concluded the person was a male.”

The policewoman wrapped herself in a towel and waited for Darby, who eventually emerged after 20-30 minutes from the silent cubicle.

“She saw the shower room door open and and saw Mr. Darby emerge and strangely he was crouching down, almost crawling out of the room.

“The Crown say he was obviously trying to leave unseen.

“Mr. Darby must have known he had been spotted coming out and he had been rumbled again and darted back into the shower room.”

The policewoman confronted him and Darby said: “I’m sorry. There was something in my mouth and the other toilets were busy. I’m sorry, I was going to be sick and the men’s were busy.”

By now he had removed the brightly-covered t-shirt he was wearing when he spied on the officer, said the prosecution, revealing only a plain white vest underneath.

“She felt violated by what happened and did not believe Mr. Darby’s explanation and excuses,” said Mr. Doherty.

Darby also claimed he could not be sick in his room’s sink because: “there was something wrong with it,” and also failed to use a bin there.

“If he was being sick he would have probably run into the room and shouted his presence, rather than stop and observe her showering.

“The Crown say that account is not right and that’s the excuse he’s made up to cover up his true intention.”

The policewoman told the jury she made eye-contact with Darby when she caught him trying to sneak out.

“Nobody walks through a door like that. It appeared to me he was trying to hide.

“I was shaking, I was upset, I felt violated that a police officer was doing that.

“He said he would not risk his job.”

Trial continues…………

No comments: