Friday 13 December 2019

Award-Winning Gardener Guilty Of Flicking Chair At Housing Official

An award-winning gardener, embroiled in a bitter feud with his downstairs neighbour, has been convicted of assaulting a housing association official, who was struck by an outside chair.

Retired employment agency boss Michael Oram, 74, fought the charge at yet another appearance before Wimbledon Magistrates Court.

He contested the case, but was found guilty of assaulting Jenna Gould in the garden of his home in The Barons, St. Margaret's, Twickenham on June 12 after an all-day trial.

Twice-married Oram, whose gardening skills at the property has secured him Richmond-upon-Thames's 'Borough In Bloom' silver prize is currently subject to a two-year Criminal Behaviour Order prohibiting contact with his neighbours.

The trial viewed CCTV footage taken at the property, which showed Oram flicking the garden chair towards Ms Gould, an official of Richmond Housing.

A nearby garden table only remained upright during the row because an umbrella held it in place.

Oram was fined £60, with £60 costs and was ordered to pay a £30 victim surcharge. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

He is not embroiled in a bitter neighbourhood dispute with me he has mounted a 19 year campaign of harassment. And he has been charged and found guilty at Kingston Crown Court of doing so. Now he faces losing his home and its nowt he doesn't deserve.

Editor said...

Thank-you for your contribution. I thought things had changed there because I've phoned Oram twice during lockdown, but got no answer or reply. I assumed the housing association had moved him on. Is he still living in The Barons?

Unknown said...

And how comes you have his contact details? Did he contact press officials to give his version of events? I am appalled the press runs articles without checking facts out first. This man has flooded me, smeared faeces outside my door, been found guilty of our post, been found guilty of going thru my refuse bin and dumping contents outside my front door, has made allegations against me which were proved false, he has all but destroyed the gardens where we live, he has mounted a,campaign of noise nuisance against me in the early hours. His CBO has been extended to 5 years, he has assaulted me, smashed my IPad and it goes on and on and on. Why contact a,sociopath that is what he is.