Wednesday 26 November 2014

Vulnerable Woman Tormented By Teens' Alleged Urine And Curry Powder Prank Tells Jury She Was Also Sexually Abused

Jamie Campin

Two teenage bully boys preyed on a mentally-ill married woman over twice their age, getting her to drink their urine and smoke curry powder in a cannabis joint, before one of them sexually assaulted her on her own bed, a court heard today.

The 43 year-old Hillingdon woman, who is a paranoid schizophrenic who suffers psychotic episodes and has an ongoing alcohol problem let the local lads into her home early one morning while her husband was staying elsewhere after yet another row.

The Isleworth Crown Court jury heard the young men have a history of tormenting the mentally-ill and recorded incidents on their mobile phones of planning and carrying-out such behaviour.

Jamie Rhys Campin, 19, of Whitethorn Avenue, West Drayton and Connor James, 19, of Uxbridge Road, Hampton Hill have both pleaded not guilty to two counts of administering a noxious substance, namely urine and curry powder; stealing a laptop and ring, worth £400 and causing an affray on a day between July 5 and 14, last year.

Campin alone has pleaded not guilty to sexual assault by penetration.
Connor James

I was not one hundred per cent well at that time because I have a mental health problem and I did not have any control of the situation,” she told the jury. “They just walked in and I didn't want any trouble.

These people entered my house early, at seven or eight in the morning and I don't understand why I let them in, in the first place. In my head I believed these people were friends of mine.

I don't understand why I didn't throw them out. I was very vulnerable at the time.”

The court heard a third mystery man was present and the woman remembers two of them disappearing into her bathroom.

I remember them walking out with a plastic cup and they asked me to drink it and I drunk a bit and realised there was wee in it and spat it out.

I was lured into my bedroom and I don't remember being forced onto the mattress, but the person who assaulted me was on top of me.

I was very scared at the time. I was confused and I do not know if it was sheer pure fright or if I was going along with it and not really knowing what was happening.

I remember my trousers being undone. I don't know if I did it or he did. I don't think it was me, in fact I know it wasn't.”

She told the court she was not sure if a second man was in the bedroom at the time, but had spent his time in her house: “With his hands down the front of his trousers.”

Police later found mobile phone footage of the woman being given a cannabis joint to smoke, which had been laced with curry powder, the jury were told.


Trial continues...............

No comments: