Tuesday 16 February 2016

Soldier Denies Kidnapping Ex Who Finished With Him

A soldier kidnapped his ex-girlfriend and threatened to kill her and himself when she dumped him for a new man during his tour of duty to the Middle East, a court heard on Monday.

Alvon Montgomery Tobias, 32, a Royal Engineer, based at Carver Barracks, Wimbish, Essex was hiding in bushes when the single-mum left her Twickenham flat.

She told the Kingston-upon-Thames Crown Court jury he dragged her to his Mini Clubman car, pinned her to the passenger seat and refused to let her out.

Tobias, from Ealing, has pleaded not guilty to kidnapping Monika Mikalak in Valley Mews on April 7, last year.

"There were some text messages from him that day. He said he wanted to talk to me, but I realised he was not the right person."

"I was leaving for work at 9.15pm to get the bus to West Middlesex Hospital and when I opened my front door I realised he was hiding by the bushes.

"I told him I had to go to work and I did not want to see him or have anything to do with him.

"He dragged me to his car, he was holding my arms, and said he wanted me to be a part of his life and stuff like that.

"I was shouting and screaming at him to let me go.

"He forced me to get into the car and pushed me into the passenger side and sat on me so I could not move. 

"Then closed the door and moved to the driver's seat and started driving like crazy.

"He said he would kill me and kill himself. I was scared.

"When he stopped at the traffic lights I tried to get out, but he shut the door on my leg, causing bruising."

After driving around west London for forty minutes six-foot three Tobias dropped her off at work.

The couple met on website Badoo and exchanged intimate naked images of themselves before meeting-up.

She agreed they had a "passionate and intense" sexual relationship and they had kissed the day before the incident, despite her having a new man. 

They had known each other for nearly a year when Ms Mikalak told Tobias she'd met someone else while he was serving in Jordan for five weeks.

Her new boyfriend phoned her while she was in the car prompting the defendant to snatch her mobile and shout: "She's with me!"

She denied inventing the kidnap story out of "anger" towards Tobias for revealing himself to her new boyfriend.

Prosecutor Mr. David Brock told the jury Tobias was questioned by police on May 11.

"He accepted the relationship had broken down and that he did meet her that day, but said she got into the car without force and he dropped her off at work."

Trial continues………………… 

No comments: