Thursday 5 April 2018

Plane Passenger Denies Being Drunk During Flight

Isleworth Crown Court
A Great Yarmouth plane passenger, accused of being drunk during the flight, has appeared in court via videolink and denied the charge.

Karl Foster, 36, of Kings Road, Gorleston, pleaded not guilty to being drunk on a Gulf Air flight from Bahrain to Heathrow on February 4.

Appearing via his local magistrates court at Isleworth Crown Court an obviously frustrated Foster, who was unrepresented, said: “How can I take action against the airline for failing in its duty of care.

“All because I had one pint in Bahrain? This is a waste of resources, money. It's stupid.

“Someone has a mental breakdown on a plane and they are charged. Is that it?

“This is absolutely ridiculous. I spent three weeks in India after someone was run over in front of me by my taxi driver.

“I was tired, I was fragile, I had not slept for three weeks. They filled me with vodka and I had a meltdown.”

A trial date was set for July 2 and Foster responded: “Five times I asked for help and now I'm asked to shell out s***loads of money.


“How do I take the airline to court? Why am I being screwed over and my life turned upside down?” 

No comments: