Monday 4 February 2019

Boozy Spurs Fan Nicked After Chelsea Clash

A drunken Tottenham Hotspur fan who moved aggressively towards Chelsea supporters and abused police when stopped has apologised for his behaviour.

Alvin Shaw, 34, of Dacre Avenue, Aveley, South Ockendon was arrested at Wembley Underground Station after his team's 1-0 League Cup semi-final victory.

Today he pleaded guilty at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court to using threatening behaviour on January 8 and was conditionally discharged for 12 months and ordered to pay £85 costs and a £20 victim surcharge.

Prosecutor Mr. Nikhil Khosla told the court it was 10.23pm and fans were making their way home when the atmosphere suddenly became more aggressive with the arrival of Chelsea fans making offensive chants at the station.

The police officers on duty saw this defendant aggressively step towards the Chelsea fans with his arm out.

Officers and security staff grabbed Shaw, who replied: “Get off me. F***ing get off. You're f***ing hard aren't you?”

Shaw told the court: “It is embarrassing really. I apologised to the officer at the station.

When I find myself in these situations alcohol is involved and I have not drunk a drop since.

I can only apologise for my actions. It would not impress my daughter, behaviour like that.”  

No comments: