Thursday 2 October 2014

Guilty: Decades-Old Sex Crimes Come Back To Haunt Perp


A teenager, who encouraged his younger neighbour to visit him alone to play Scalextric and other games over three decades ago and sexually abusing him by copying a Kama Sutra-style calender, will be sentenced at the end of the month.

Barry Rosamond, 50, of Great Tree Farm, Looe, Cornwall was aged fifteen to sixteen years-old and the young boy between nine and ten during the period he preyed upon the youngster, Croydon Crown Court was told.


Rosamond was found guilty of four counts of indecent assault; one count of attempted buggery and one count of indecency with a child, occurred in Beckenham, Kent between 1978 and 1980.


He will return to court on October 31.

“He said: 'Come around on your own to play, don't bring the others,' “ the 44 year-old complainant told the jury.

The defendant initially encouraged the youngster to touch him intimately, promising to give him £5.00 on the first occasion, but afterwards handed over £3.00 in change, the court heard.


“I went round there and and he abused me many times. I use'd to see him as a father-figure. Maybe that's why I never said anything.


“I've managed to keep my head up, but it's been difficult. He did this to me and I crumbled mentally and I do not want to carry it anymore.


“I'm sick and tired of it. It's draining. He abused me many times.


“You bury this in alcohol, in drugs to block these images out of your head,” explained the complainant, denying suggestions he invented the accusations to blame someone for difficulties in his own life.


“That's rubbish, absolute rubbish,” he said, adding it was very difficult to come forward at the time.


“At that age you don't know what is going on. You think you're just mucking around, but later I felt dirty, so dirty and foolish.”


He said Rosamond would produce a wall calendar, which depicted silhouetted figures in various sexual poses, which he would copy with the youngster.


Five years ago the complainant suddenly spotted Rosamond, who was visiting the area, as he walked to his mother's home.


“He smiled at me and when I went into the house I was pacing up and down wondering what to do, but not wanting to do anything crazy.


“I put a note on his camper van windscreen, which said: 'I don't want to see you again.' “

No comments: