Tuesday, 2 May 2017

Girlfriend Admits Stalking Ex After Painful Split

A hair stylist, who endured a painful break-up with her boyfriend, has been fined for stalking him by showing up at his workplace and home city.

Daniela Lewis, 28, of Oakways, Greenwich also continuously phoned and texted Tom Rawsthorn, who conceded to police he probably “led her on.”

She pleaded guilty at Wimbledon Magistrates Court to stalking Tom between January 1 and April 8, but says in reality her behaviour was restricted to the months of March and April.

Prosecutor Miss Roz Wordell told the court: “They were in a relationship that came to and end and the complainant did not want to see her anymore and it appears she did not take no for an answer.”

They met when working together in August, 2014 and were a couple in 2015.

“She said she didn't want to be with him if he didn't love her and he said he did not love her.”

When travelling to his home city of Lincoln Lewis phoned Tom and then turned up herself.

In April, last year they agreed to be just good friends, but then got back together, the court heard.

“There were a lot of arguments and then they split up again,” explained Miss Wordell. “He said he did not want a relationship, but it fell on deaf ears although he admits he led her on.

“She turned up unannounced at his workplace and home and when he told her to go away it ended up in an argument.”

Eventually Tom reported her at Wimbledon Police Station.

“Over the phone he told her to stop, but she refused to talk to the police and began crying on the phone and then went to the police station while Mr. Rawsthorn was there.

The court heard in January the couple enjoyed a nine-day holiday in Japan and were still intimate in the middle of February.

Lewis's lawyer told the court she needed “emotional support” at the time and has made no contact with her ex since she was arrested and charged.

She spent three days in police custody before being bailed by magistrates during her fist court appearance.

Lewis was fined £200, with £85 costs and ordered to pay a £30 victim surcharge.

No comments: